Wednesday 11 March 2009

Call me grumpy guts

So this week has been a big hairy... My manager has had several 'projects' for me to do while my co-worker is in New Zealand visiting her daughter and new grandson. We're hoping to have everything done by the time she gets back because she's not one who takes to change very easily so we're making the changes and all she has to do is get used to them. BUT... because I've been doing so many extra things my own work has backed up over the days. I caught it up today but I'm really tired and find myself a bit grumpy tonight.

I'm really enjoying my time alone in the office; things run so smoothly and it's peaceful... awwwww... so peaceful. I like my co-worker but she's a bit rough around the edges and keeps things stirred up all the time. She keeps threatening to retire early and lately I find myself hoping she does. That would open a whole new can of worms because then I'd have to train someone so that I can go on holiday. I'm getting too old for this... I just want a nice quiet job and no fuss. Calgon... take me away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my world

Ok, so this is the first time I've ever tried anything so sophisticated... facebook was one thing but I managed that, now to pretend that I can master this as well. I haven't got a clue how to make the page look good so you'll just have to bare with me while I fiddle around until I can create something magic to look at.

In the mean time... HI... Hopefully this will be an interesting journey through, in and all around my life, which is pretty great just in case anyone was wondering.

It started in St Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City Utah about 52 years ago.........................................................fast forward to now....................................I met my really adorable hubby about 8ish years ago... fell in love... got married... and moved with my 5 suitcases to Bonny Scotland. Not long after I got here Olivia began settling on this side of the pond as well. She's currently living in Manchester England while she finishes up her Masters program at Royal Northern College of Music, but that's going to change this summer... stay tuned.

Moving right along...

Cottage at Dornie Lochalsh Scotland

Cottage at Dornie Lochalsh Scotland
Yes... Scotland is as beautiful as you've heard
So there are a few pics for your viewing pleasure. I'll be waking Will in a few minutes so he can get ready for church. It's a really pretty day here today... cold and a big breezy but the sun is shining and that's always a plus when it's winter in Scotland.

The hedgehog was out this morning looking around for a gourmet feast for breakfast but other than him it's been a quiet critter morning.

We should have daffodils in a day or two. The crocus have covered the ground in the meadows... what a sight!

Have I already said how beautiful Scotland is?

Daffodils in the Meadows

Daffodils in the Meadows